The Best Free RV Campsites Across America
After you’ve purchased yourself an RV (hopefully from El Monte RV Sales!), you’ll be excited to start planning a long list of adventures. One of the luxuries of traveling by RV is that you have most of what you need with you at all times, but you will need a place to park. There are many options available for RV parking, some that even cost – wait for it – zero dollars! That’s right! These locations do typically lack hookups, and are suited for those open to boondocking. Check out this list of the best free RV campsites across America!
California is a beautiful place to visit! You can choose from beach life, activities in nature, celeb sightseeing, and so much more! If you find yourself craving Cali living for your next RV trip, consider one of these best free RV campsites:
- American Girl Mine – formerly one of the largest California gold mines, this popular spot offers easy access to Mexico, is a short jaunt from Arizona, and allows opportunity for tons of fun!
- Ash Creek Campground – As long as your RV is shorter than 22 feet, this campsite is a great place to stop! Plan to spend time fishing, hiking and more.
- Mammoth Lakes, CA – a few miles north of Mammoth Lakes, you’ll find free campsites available offering amazing views of the Eastern Sierra Nevada mountains
- Chiriaco Summit Free Campground – Located near Joshua Tree National Park, this campground offers free RV parking available for any size RV
Colorado is a very popular stop for campers and RV enthusiasts, with good reason! If being in nature is your goal, Colorado offers beautiful views with so much opportunity for outdoor adventure. Since much of Colorado is federally owned land, there is no shortage of boondocking opportunities for the best free RV campsites. Check out the following locations:
- Great Sand Dunes National Park – Outside of the Great Sand Dunes National Park, BLM land is available for free RV camping.
- Jackson Mountain Road in Pagosa Springs, CO – Secluded, private camping spots just a short drive from Pagosa Springs, where you can find beautiful views, relaxing hot springs, shopping and dining with a small town feel.
- Dominguez-Escalante National Conservation Area – Tucked into a canyon with remarkable nighttime views, this spot will give you the peace and quiet you wish for.
- South Platte, Rampart Range Road – Conveniently located near the Denver and Colorado
Springs areas, making it great for those who don’t want to go too far off the beaten path
Camping may not be the first thing you think of when traveling to Texas, but trust us, it’s full of beautiful scenery and plenty of outdoor options you won’t want to miss. Texas is also home to a huge number of the best free RV campsites, including some that even come with hook-ups! To camp for free in Texas, look at the following:
- Huber Park, TX – Stay for free for up to 3 days and enjoy electric hookups, water, walking trails and a playground.
- North Beach – Free camping on the beach, need we say more?
- Grapevine Hills Primitive Roadside Campsites – Near Big Bend National Park, this campsite is just a concrete pad, but it’s free and near activities like hiking, biking and kayaking, to name a few.
- Fritch Fortress – Overlooking the lake, this campground includes picnic tables, shade shelters, grills, showers and more, including a convenient dump station nearby.
Get Your RV On
This is just a very small list of the many best free RV campsites found across the United States – there are so many more where that came from! Finding a free spot to stop with your RV can be as easy as locating federal public land administered by the Bureau of Land Management, and that goes for any state you may be in! Go on and explore the best free RV campsites!
If you are ready to take off to one of these best free RV campsites but you haven’t secured your ride yet, check our inventory at El Monte RV Sales to search for your perfect RV. Give us a call at 1-888-321-5908 if you have more questions or would like assistance.